Mushrooms and Cauliflower
SOME OF THEIR HEALTH BENEFITS
Mushrooms: Energy production, brain function and helps make use of protein in the body.
Cauliflower: Great for your immune system and the regulation of blood pressure throughout your body. Cauliflower is high in vitamin K which controls blood clotting and diminishes bruising. If you bruise easily, or are an easy bleeder, cauliflower may help with alleviating the symptoms.
Check out this easy and yummy recipe from Jazz!
Cauliflower Rice Risotto with Mushrooms
- 1 packet of Trader Joe's fresh or frozen organic cauliflower rice (I used frozen).
- 2 cups of fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup of cooked frozen peas
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/2 clove of chopped garlic
- 1 & 1/2 cups of vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup of graded mozzarella cheese
- 1 sprinkle of parmesan
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Herbs: Salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Heat your olive oil on medium/high in a large pan (you can use grapeseed or coconut oil as well).
- Add chopped onion and garlic into the pan, sauté until golden brown for about 5 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms and continue to cook for another 5 -7 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower rice into the same large pan and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add about half of the vegetable stock and put the lid on the pan. You will want to keep an eye on this to make sure the liquid does not drain completely. But we really want the liquid to absorb into the vegetables for about 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Take the top off and add the last half of the vegetable stock. Add a generous amount of pepper. Season with oregano and pink Himalayan salt to taste. Put the lid on the pan and let the mixture simmer for about 10-15 minutes on low heat.
- You're almost done! Remove the lid and add your mozzarella cheese and peas, mix and allow it to melt into the cauliflower rice risotto.
- Serve warm with a dash of parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
Jazz was born and raised in Southern California. She is a University of California Santa Barbara grad! Jazz has a passion for helping individuals feel their best by uniting healthy eating, physical exercise, emotional balance, and sleep. Full-time corporate employee by day, certified nutritional therapist, and indoor cycling instructor by night! Jazz is a bride-to-be getting married in Temecula, California this summer. Weddings can be expensive, so she promotes tips and tricks to eat healthy without breaking the bank. Follow her on social media to learn how to make simple, healthy, and affordable recipes for yourself and those you love!
Find Jazz on Instagram: @recipes4health
Check out: https://www.jazzrecipes4health.com/